Thursday 5 February 2009

Peter Prior

I had the pleasure of the company of Mr Peter Prior in the studio today. As a hugely competent and accomplished photographer in his own right, he wanted some exposure (sorry) to the modern digital studio. I was happy to oblige, as Peter has supported me throughout the various stages of growing Avant Photographic and has always been a valued colleague when help has been needed.

Primarily a wedding photographer,  just look at his site PETER PRIOR PHOTOGRAPHY Peter came to observe a baby portrait session this morning, and little Oscar Robert's obliged as a perfect model. 

It was Oscar's second Cherub session, and as 8 month old babies are more mobile, his Mum had to be on the ball as body guard, keeping him in the right area of the studio for me. 

I think Peter was surprised at how physical the session was. As many of you will know, I have to interact with the children quite a bit to get the reactions I want, and expressions are best captured by being entertaining to the children and this usually means being on hands and knees and making silly faces and noises..!!!! I have long forgotten my sense of embarrassment, but it was funny to be reminded of how absurd it must look...? 

Here are a couple of images from today's session. 




No comments: